I don't watch Saturday Night Live much. Last Saturday I wanted to watch because Paul McCartney was the musical guest. It was the week of the 30th anniversary of the John Lennon's death. I wanted to see what happened. So I watched and got bored. After musical performance two I turned off the TV and went to bed.
By doing that I missed this:
I loved this.
Now, I think Paul McCartney's voice is shot and he really looks his age. But what I love about this is the crowd reaction. Musical performances on SNL have become so overproduced and horrible that they may as well be lip-synched music videos. So hearing the crowd react when they realize what song he is performing ("Day in the Life") is awesome. Some realized it right away; a few others reacted to the opening lyrics. And then the crowd sing-along to "Give Peace a Chance" was great. And they're reaction to "Come Together" at the end? Also great.
McCartney doesn't have the voice he used to, but Beatles songs can still evoke screaming and squealing. And I enjoyed it.
No comments:
Post a Comment