This sums up my holiday travel:
Seattle to Chicago? Cool. No problems. Chicago to Iowa? Suckage. Pretty much like last year, but not as bad. I landed in O'Hare, got a text that my flight had been delayed twenty minutes. No prob. A few seconds later? My flight was cancelled. I called American, found out the next American flight they could get me out on was two days later, but they might be able to get me out on a couple different airlines but they couldn't guarantee it.
After a quick conversation with my brother, he texted me the number of a shuttle service between O'Hare and where I needed to be. I called the number, explained the issue, and the guy said, "I'll be at O'Hare in ten minutes. I ran downstairs to the bus doors, hoped ont eh shuttle and three hours later... my brother was picking my up with a beer in had. I spent a total of about fifteen minutes in O'Hare.
On the return trip, I started getting text messages that my flight was delayed. And then delayed again. I went to the airport at the normal time (as if it weren't delayed) and waited. Then I got a text that it was back on for the normal time. And then delayed. And delayed again. And then it was moved up an hour. Okay.
While we were waiting, a plane that had been diverted from another regional airport landed and then sat there. That was the plane we all got on. Then the pilot explained that our flight had actually been cancelled, but because this plane had been diverted and they (the crew) were scheduled to spend the night in town (not the same crew that came in with the diverted plane), the were called in to fly us to O'Hare. Uh... Okay.
My flight from O'Hare to Seattle took of forty-five minutes late but landed thirty minutes early.
I'm beginning to really hate travel.
No comments:
Post a Comment