My Comcast On Demand service has been acting weird for a few weeks. It would work and then not work. The payback would catch. Or I'd get audio but no video. I eventually got sick of it and got in touch with customer service. I'm not a fan of their chat service, but I didn't feel like talking to anyone, so I did the chat thing. The tech "person" (because part of me thinks it's nothing more than a machine is on the other end spitting out random crap) tried to reset the signal but it didn't work. I was told to unplug it and then plug it back in. Didn't fix anything. And... I guess that meant the box was broken.
So, I had the choice of picking up a new box or waiting for a tech. I said neither--I wasn't doing a damn thing or altering my schedule to sit around and wait for a cable dude. I was told I was shit out of luck.
What do I do? Go to Twitter. Within a few minutes a Comcast guy said they'd ship me a new DVR.
Excellent!
It arrives. I set it up. I activate it. I let it do it's thing, and I run some errands. When I get home 2.5 hours later it still isn't working. I call customer service. This person tells me I was sent the wrong kind of DVR and that my account won't work with it. If I want to use it I will have to pay more each month. Oh, and she thinks my original problem wasn't the DVR but the signal. I kind of lose my shit. She tells me she can set up a temporary fix but eventually I will still need to swap out this machine. We set up an appointment for a tech to come to my house. I'm still not happy about having them visit. Last time they were here my tv broke. And I don't like giving up my time for the cable dude. But, I don't have a choice, whatever she did to my account meant that when their system refreshed my service would stop working.
Jesus.
So, I head back to Twitter. I am told the tech I spoke to was wrong. After some back and forth, the Comcast Twitter dude called me and we straightened out my request, the tech visit on Sunday, and we got it worked out. Excellent.
But one thing: My DVR still doesn't work. I ask Twitter dude about this. Oh, oops... you weren't sent a DVR, it's a box used for some other Comcast service.
Are you fucking kidding me? I pay how much a month for this bullshit?
Yeah, people are starving in this world and people are homeless and here I am complaining about my DVR. I know. I know. In the big scheme of things this is ridiculous. But c'mon... is one person at Comcast competent? At all?
Supposedly I have HBO free for three months because of all this. I don't care, honestly. I just want the shit I pay for to work.
2 comments:
Your anger-management issues remind me of myself!
At first I was going to be all, "Nuh-uh..." but yeah, you're right.
Post a Comment