Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Comcast, Take II

The Comcast tech came by on Sunday. Turns out I was being billed for two DVRs--a standard and an HD DVR. He fixed that. The box I had was in fact a DVR, but the code had been messed with so much it was easier to swap it out for a new one. The tech got it all set up.

Then I tried to program the DVR. Nothing. Okay, I'll wait. Next day? I set some recordings and went to work. After working late I got home to find out nothing had recorded. I tried again to record. Nothing.

So... tonight, I called. Again. I was explaining what went wrong, the Comcast person on the phone reset it, and then we were cut off. I don't know if I was hung up on or if my phone dropped the call. I was not yelling. I was not getting mad.

I called back.

I calmly (seriously) explained how many times I had talked to someone at Comcast and all the back and forth. The guy on the phone told me I was calmer than he would be. I told him this wasn't the norm. After resetting the DVR three or four times the Comcast dude said, "I hate to tell you this...." And a tech would have to come out. There was a chance, he said, that the DVR might work in fifteen minutes or so (after it reloaded) but wasn't holding his breath. Neither was I.

More bitching on Twitter and the Comcast Twitter people wanted the full story so they could investigate.

And then my DVR began to work.

Honestly, dear reader, I do have other things, other going on in my life other than my freaking cable TV, but they're things I can't really go into detail about on a blog. So... this is it.


No comments: