So... Top Chef is back. And it has been for some time.
While I was staying with My Gay Husband back in My Old Stomping Grounds, we spent some time talking about Top Chef. MGH doesn't have cable, and MOSG is located in an area where you can't get any TV without cable. I don't know if he watches online or if he watches it at a friend's house... Because they are both total foodies. Anyway, I always figured MGH would think he was above reality TV, but a show about food may be different. The current season of Top Chef had just started and I hadn't seen the first episode, yet. I was poking around MGH's cookbooks when I stumbled on the Top Chef cookbook. I was surprised. And then he started talking about the first episode and how he thought I would really enjoy it (I did). And then he asked: If the judges were to come to your town, where would you take them? I didn't know. We had a four-star restaurant in town but it closed. There is a large locavore movement here, so most places use local, seasonal ingredients. I mentioned a Vietnamese place in a strip mall that I like a lot. Okay, that I love. Their Pho is amazing. They use seasonal vegetables. They have this great pineapple tofu dish... It's comforting.
Anyway, I have been half watching this season because I keep getting distracted by other things and never get around to re-watching what I missed. But last week's show? With Heather? Taking Beverly to task for what happened in the last challenge? What the fuck? Let it go. And her overall attitude? Shitty. And grumpy. And bitchy. There is always the cliche chance that she was edited to look bitchy, but I suspect that most people who are edited bitchy are bitchy. So, Heather? The bitch of this season.
Edward, the Korean dude from Kentucky? At first, I thought he was going to be the asshole of the season. And maybe he is, but he's growing on me, especially for calling out Heather on her overall bitchiness. And for pointing out that the person you throw under the reality show bus may be your partner in the next challenge. He's growing on me.
I do miss Chuy. Because I wanted to see more scenes of him drinking talking about how his dad built the entire city of San Bernardino with his bare hands. The other guy I like is Paul, the dude from Austin.
And the other Bravo show that I adore this season? Work of Art. Seriously. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment