Thursday, January 25, 2007

Top Chef

What the fuck? Marcel and Ilan? Oh, how the producers choose who will be in the finale for the drama. Sam and Elia? No drama. Marcel and Ilan? Dra-ma. Sally has the best summary of the show... but let's not forget Television Without Pity.

But you know what starts next week? After Top Chef? Top Design. It's gonna be Project Runway with furniture. There is no way you can go wrong with that.

Oh, and for anyone who cares, Twin Peaks season two is available for pre-order on Amazon. People! Twin Peaks, season two! Of course, season two sucked compared to season one. Seriously. In season two we actually find out who killed Laura Palmer -- we were never supposed to find that out. The premise of the show was to use the murder of Laura as a starting point and then have it fall into the background as the general weirdness and freakishness that are all small towns came to the forefront. But noooooo... ABC insisted we find out who actually killed Laura Palmer. On the way back from Seattle I read an interview with David Lynch about his new movie, but when asked about Twin Peaks he said the show was pretty much over when they named the killer. Those ABC bastards.

And anyone who never watched Twin Peaks? Shame on you. It's the best show ever shown on television. Seriously. Best.show.ever.

Am I showing my total obsession/geekiness show when I say that I am thinking about using my free frequent flyer ticket to go to the Twin Peaks Love Fest they have every year in Washington? God, that's kind of sad isn't it? *edit* Although part of me also wants to go to Vegas but I would need even more miles for that. I guess Northwest doesn't think that Vegas is part of the the contiguous 48 states and Alaska. But c'mon, Spamalot is going to be showing in Vegas. Monty Python surrounded by the kitchiest tackiest city in the world? I would be in heaven.

No comments: