I had planned on coming to work late today. I didn't get back to my place until almost 10:30 last night. And then I had to wind down -- even though I slept most of the way back from Seattle. Eventually, I stumbled upstairs and fell into bed. And then I woke up. At 5:30 AM. No. NO! I am not getting out of bed at 5:30 AM. It is just not going to happen.
So I got out of bed at 6:30 instead.
Why do I do this? Why? I had a long and hectic (but good) weekend. And I need to rest. But I can't. So, I got out of bed and came to work. Now it's 9:30 and I can barely keep my eyes open. The allergies that miraculously went away while I was in Seattle are back. I had 70 emails (and while I was away I deleted the ones I didn't want; last I looked I had 40-some emails.) I have to fill out my expense report. I have to call professors about their classes. And all I want to do is go back to bed.
Oh, and then, I couldn't find my glasses this morning. I'm paranoid I left them on the plane, but I don't think I did. I was so tired last night that I am not exactly sure what I did when I got home. This morning I checked all the usual places and they are not there. Damn damn damn. I'm not blind without my glasses but the world is pretty fuzzy.
*sigh* This is going to be a long day.
Update: I found my glasses! They were knocked off the coffee table by either me or the cats. *whew*
No comments:
Post a Comment