David! Cook! Thank god it wasn't David Archuleta. There isn't room in the Idol realm for him, the puppies, kitties, ponies, and rainbows that follow him wherever he goes. David Cook was packaged as the "rocker" of the group but he had a personality and his own complete thoughts--unlike Archuleta. Of course, my favorite was the perma-stoned Jason Castro. Yes, him. Why? Because of the perma-grin and his version of Hallelujah.
The low point of tonight's final. Boy, where do I start? The Bryan Adams medley? Or the appearance of Mr Adams himself? The USC marching band? Or, possibly, yes, I think the low point was the George Michael medley and GM himself. I had some serious problems with the American Idols telling me they want to be my "preacher teacher." That, and George Michael looked like Linda Richmond.
But I have to say David Cook's reaction to being named the winner was sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment