I moved myself (and my cats) into Casa de Pickles a few days ago. So far my cats are adjusting just fine, but they hide under the bed whenever Mr. Pickles comes looking for them. Of course, the second he leaves the room they come out from under the bed and start rolling around on the ground. They seem to be enjoying the spare bedroom and the bathroom just fine. I finally got them to come downstairs this afternoon.
The packing people and moving people came to Case de Yankee this afternoon. Three nice women packed up my stuff in three hours while we half watched a Kathy Griffin marathon on Bravo.
I've had people pack my stuff once before when I moved for a job. I didn't know what to do. Do I talk to them? Do I make them drinks? I mean, here are these people doing the crap I don't want to do--how do I react. When these women arrived I was still half asleep (and I had been napping on the sofa when they arrived). At one point I even napped a bit while the were there. We chit chatted a bit--and then they began to pack my snowglobe collection.
"Do you have snowglobes from every state?" No, I don't. But I have a lot of them. "Why snowglobes?" I used to work for a hobby publisher and edited priced guides; I had to collect something. Seriously, everybody did. The one they were really obsessed with? Helsinki. it's bigger than most of them. It has a wood base. It has some sort of castle or something in in it. One of the women picked it up and commented on how pretty it was. She wanted to know where it was from. I told her. She didn't know where Helsinki was, so I told her my boss had picked it up for me while he was in Finland.
The other thing she wanted to know: Do I think Ouija boards really work? She asked because I have a keychain that is a mini Ouija board. Again, I edited books about toys and one of the companies we worked with made mini versions of popular toys and games. I told her I didn't. She was said, "They scare me. I'm afraid something will come out of it."
I really enjoyed them.

The living room and kitchen all packed up.

My bedroom all packed up.

Then four nice men came by and loaded my stuff up and took it away.
Woo! I'm in almost motion.
No comments:
Post a Comment