Thursday, August 28, 2008

Darlin'

Today I closed my checking account in Mississippi. I had to wait for some things to clear, but it took me a little longer to due to general laziness. I sent a message to my bank asking them what I needed to do to close it. Someone from the bank called me today to tell me they would change the status to closed and there was nothing I needed to do or worry about. And she ended those instructions by calling me "darlin'."

This morning I heard Haley Barbour on NPR's Morning Edition. It was almost like listening to Mississippi Public Radio but without the general incompetence in broadcasting.

It was almost like it was Mississippi day or something.

On another note, I can't let a post on this day go by without mentioning the DNC in Denver. Obama's speech brought me to tears for many different reasons. It was an amazing speech. Even Pat Buchanan called it beautiful. It truly was.

No comments: