Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I've been here a month and a half...

And I already need a vacation.

Is that a bad sign?

I am feeling completely overwhelmed for many reasons: new location, new job, and no support group. I am exhausted by the people I work with. And I have already been adding up in my head how soon I can start looking for a new job.

Seriously, this can't be a good sign, can it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Loutopia said the heat index here was 106 degrees today.

Yeah, a month and a half isn't long enough to judge whether you're really gonna like it or not. I imagine things should change for the better once the new school year kicks off. When I moved here without knowing anybody, it took me a whole semester before I really started meeting people my own age and making new friends.

Hang in there, Yankee Librarian!

Yankee Librarian said...

God, and the news here was talking about how it would be warmer than normal. It was supposed to be all of 77 degrees today. I have no idea what it was, but it didn't seem all that hot to me.

No, I know a month and a half isn't long enough, and that is what I keep telling myself. But sometimes that doesn't cut it--especially when you hear negative things all day long.

Yankee Librarian said...

I also keep reminding myself how, after my first week or so at Ye Olde University Library, I got home, flipped on the lights. My lights went on and then off, plunging the room into darkness. I called Frenchie, who I had only known a few days, and said, "I am packing up all my shit and going back to Wisconsin." I was positive the entire place hated me.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, power outages on College Hill Rd. Good times.

I think you just need to find friends outside the workplace, and once your new university comes back from the summer, that should be easier (perhaps).

Yesterday's heat was an angry heat. Like, makes you nauseous heat. Enjoy that 77 degree weather.

Yankee Librarian said...

It was shortly after the second or third College Hill power outage that Sweet Pickles told me to get four alarm clocks (a mix of battery powered and electric) and set them throughout my bedroom. Because then when my power went out four times in one night I could hope that at least one of them would keep working.