I don't go to the mall very often, but I was there today. I wanted to buy some jeans and swing through Target--and Target is at the mall. (You know, as much as I wanted a Target, I don't go there very often, probably because I have other choices closer to where I live.)
I don't like the mall. It's a mall. It's hot. It's full of people. Whenever I go I am accosted by these yahoos working at some cell phone kiosk. Last time I was asked if I was from Iowa (based on the t-shirt I was wearing). Thinking he might be from Iowa, I stopped. No, he was just trying to sell me a phone. Today some dude from the kiosk actually walked up to me and asked me what kind of phone I had, and if I had "that new cool one." I glared and kept walking. But, seriously, what the fuck? Who thinks that will work? What manager is telling these yahoos to accost people walking through the mall? Going to the mall is one of those things that makes me grumble about how much I hate people.
But, today, on my way out I noticed the Daiso store. I'd never heard of Daiso, I had no clue what is was. But let me tell you, it is several kinds of awesome. It's kind of like a Japanese dollar store, except "everything" is $1.50. Or $2.00. Or $8.00. Or $12.00. I could have spent hours in there just playing with all this crap. And the kitchen section? Full of unfamiliar yet wonderful things
Luckily, the Daiso store is between Target and the crappy cell phone kiosk. Next time I go to the mall I can hit both of them and avoid being accosted by moron trying to make a sale.
No comments:
Post a Comment