Saturday, September 13, 2008

Persnickity

I have to share my newest knitting accessory: My Persnickity Knits knitting bag. They're sold at a local store that carries items sold by local artists and craftspeople. And, I guess they are bag and purse people. And knitting people. I had walked by the store several times but had never stopped. A few weeks ago I saw yarn and this cute little purse. I stopped and found out the cute little purse was a knitting bag. A little bag that could be put inside another bag--exactly what I was looking for. Knitting with style. And a new bag. I grabbed the medium-sized bags (the Fi Fi). The small one would be good for someone who only made small projects like socks and scarves. The largest one seemed just a bit too big. The medium was juuuuust right. I can also say that it fits a baby blanket.

They didn't have it in red or teal (at lease not the big bag), so I went with the basic black.

I am completely in love with this bag. It has snaps on the side to make the bag a little more snug for smaller project but allows the bag to accomodate things like baby blankets. There is a look for circular needles. There are little pockets for row counters and scissors and crochet hooks. I can set it next to me on the couch, close the flap, string the yarn through the little hook and knit. This is great because then the cats can't shed all over the yarn. They even sleep in the bag and the yarn and projects stay relativley cat-hair free.

And, if you are concerned about leather or animal products, they are made out of a leather alternative.

No comments: