I'm bored with you. With each new crop of designers it has always been hard to become interested in some of the designers and challenges--there are too man at the beginning. As their styles come together and I get to know their aesthetic, I get more interested and invested. But this year? I don't care.
Every season, Project Runway, you say it is the most talented group of designers yet. I'm not so sure that is the truth this time. Let's take Kenley as an example. I love her structured '50s style. I like her personal style. But I am bored with her. I don't like her as a person, either. Not one bit. She has grown so full of herself that she is no longer open to any outside suggestions or ideas. She thinks she is the bee's knees. It makes her and her designs unattractive. How can that ever be a good thing? I like Korto. I like Jerrell. I adore Leanne. I think they are the ones I like the most. I feel they have the most talent and vision. I pick Leanne to win. Suede? He still needs to shut the fuck up. Joe? I keep forgetting about him.
I hate to say that you have become predictable, Project Runway. I hate to say it because I still love the concept. I feel you have become too concerned with characters your designers can create. And you have lost yourself in the process. Maybe the change to Lifetime is the change you need. Or maybe the change to Lifetime will mean we'll get lots of soft lighting and stories about how women facing adversity found themselves and their true love. I don't know. But I whatever it is, I hope it is more interesting than this season.
Yours in Boredom,
Yankee Librarian
3 comments:
I like Koto too :) Suede is sooooooooooooooooooooo annoying!
-Jamie
I think it's been a little boring this season, too--it's becoming more about the personalities than the process/talent/skills, which maybe was inevitable but still, it's annoying. When a guy like Blaine gets on there and then does nothing but make drag queen clothes all season and spout "girlicious" every ten seconds, maybe it's jumped the shark.
(And Kenley has gotten really irritating over the course of the last few episodes. Way too cocky, and not enough skill to back it up, really. I want to put the TV on mute when she comes on.)
Leanne does good work, but I pick either Korto or Jerrell to win it. Jerrell's stuff gets a little same-y (always with the hats! haha), but it looks good when it's all put together. Korto's got some good range, I think.
Favorite moment of the season: when Stella was talking about her boyfriend, "Rat Bones." There really is someone for everyone, I guess. ;-)
I think you are right about Korto. She is the most diverse and well-rounded as a designer. I'm looking forward to seeing this week's episode: it looks like Kenley will finally get a verbal smackdown. Lord knows she needs it.
Post a Comment