Friday, September 19, 2008

Oriented, y'all.

I am oriented.

I went through new faculty orientation today, and I don't remember a damn thing.

We had breakfast. We had introductions. I don't know what the deal is, but there was a strong Wisconsin streak present (both Madison and Milwaukee).

We had a campus tour that consisted of moving from room to room in the main administration building. Then we went to the union where we had more food, some weak coffee (c'mon... this is the pacific northwest, weak coffee is not acceptable), and door prizes. Y'all, several of us were so slap happy we started laughing and could not stop. One person, under her breath, said, "Oh. snap. You're in trouble," about something random, and I started to giggle. And the giggle turned into a laugh. And it never really stopped. Someone actually asked us if there had been a party that they missed.

There was a reception at the president's house, more food (and alcohol), and plans for a new faculty bowling league. Bowling? As long as no one minds that I can't bowl more than a 65, I'm down with that.

I can't tell you how nice it is to meet people outside of the library....

No comments: