Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Woods

Last week a coworker and I had to go to Portland for some library training love. Since I usually take the train to Portland, it was interesting to see the Pacific Northwest from I-5. There were several highlights, one of them was to see Mt. Saint Helen. I've only seen it from the air, but it was so clear and sunny, we had a great view of it from the interstate (not so much when we drove home). We also had a great lunch in Olympia at Quality Burrito and some awesome vegan cupcakes from Bearded Lady Food Co.

But one of the highlights? Honestly? Seeing the sign for the Sleater-Kinney Road exit. Lame, I know. And for a second I thought, "Hey, they named a street after a great band." And then I remembered that is where the band got their name.

So, I've been listening to The Woods a lot this week. I love this album. I didn't at first, but it really grew on me, And I saw them on one of their last non-Portland shows before their "indefinite hiatus."

So, for no reason other than 'cause, two of my favorite songs from The Woods:

Modern Girl


Jumpers

No comments: