Thursday, May 9, 2013

And the purge begins

I'm moving.

Not far. And by not far, I mean across the parking lot. Next door, essentially. I don't have all the dates settled, so let's just say sometime this summer, I'm moving. And I've been told across-the-street moves are more difficult than long-distance moves because you lend to just move things little by little. So, yeah... I'm sure it will suck.

Moving means purging. Purging means going through my shit and asking myself things like:

  • What the hell is this?
  • Why do I have this?
  • Who gave this to me? Wait, did I actually buy this?
  • I thought I got rid of this years ago. 

Followed by comments like:

  • Awwww..... I thought I got rid of this.
  • I'm so glad I kept this, I thought I had thrown it away.
  • I remember who gave this to me. 


Hopefully, the first set of questions will dominate over the second set of comments.

No comments: