Jeffery. And I hate to say it, but he deserved it. That was a nice collection, and I really liked it. I adored the green and white dress. And the zipper trim? Nice touch.
It was obvious by the judges' deliberations that it would be between Uli and Jeffery. And out of the two I have to go with Jeffery. Uli changed it up some with color and a jacket or two, but Jeffery really took it a step higher. And he showed he had a more feminine side and kows how to dress a woman's body. He moved away from that I'm-so-punk-rock-it-hurts schtick. Somwhat.
Laura. I thought Laura's collection was impeccable. Complete. It was so well made and classy. I don't think it was old. She has a point of view and she put it out there. Did she deserve to win? No, I really don't think so. Why? Not because she was boring or old or hadn't grown. I don't think she needed to do any of those because I think she already knows who she is as a designer and that is one of the main reason I like her. I think there were others, like Jeffery, who really do need this and this money to get his line off the ground. I think Laura is well on her way.
Uli. I liked her collection. It was nice. Although I think I liked Laura's better than Uli's.
Michael. Oh my. Michael... what happened? Remember when he told Kayne that his black dress looked like a hooker dress (but not in those words)? I wish someone had done that for Michael. This is my theory with Michael: He works well within parameters. Design a garment using these materials. Design garment based on this person. But when he is set out on his own he gets kind of lost. This all means I think he will do well designing for a person -- a client comes to him with an idea of what she wants and he translates that to a garment. But desinging a collection without any guidance or parameters? He just isn't there yet.
But Jeffery? He deserved the win.
On a different note: our water has been turned off today -- not all day but for possibly up to four hours. "Ours" being the water in the library. The LIBRARY. Who the hell decides it is a good thing to turn off the water in one of the busiest buildings on campus?
No comments:
Post a Comment