It is Columbus day all day today.
At least it is according to the announcer on Mississippi Public Radio.
If you thought it was only half of today, you would be wrong.
You know, our public radio sucks. Really. There is no other way around it. If you don't live in Jackson or farther south, you are dead in their eyes. Weather in northern Mississippi? Must be just like it is in Jackson. Or Merdian. Or the coast. Whatever.
And then this weekend? They played classical music -- and I mean that sad-sack, boring classical music -- Saturday morning instead of the Weekend Edition and Whad'ya Know. But what made it even better (worse) was that the canned announcements that were played on top the I-want-to-kill-myself classical music said things like, "Stay tuned for more Whad'ya Know..." Um, no, I won't be doing that. Nor will I be sending you any of my money. Ever.
2 comments:
I've been meaning to tell you how much I agree with you re: Mississippi's public radio. I, too, will not be contributing a dime until they sack Norman Winter, and discontinue that asinine "Southern Voices" segment (or whatever the hell it's called) where yokels are encouraged to write in with their little ditties about the joys of grandchildren and crap like that.
I don't think they do those yokel commentaries anymore. Thank god. Which one is Norm Winter? They all kind of run together in a lump of bad radio voices.
Post a Comment