Ever been to a librarian conference? They're interesting to say the least.
When you go to a conference there are certain things you will always see: Lots of cat-themed clothing items, tote bags, themed sweaters, sensible shoes, and bad (or thinning) hair. Now, I'm not saying I don't have some of these things. I have librarian glasses. I wear sensible shoes. I have two cats. But I do not have cat-themed clothing. Nor do I have holiday-themed clothing (holiday-themed socks do not count). When you get us all together you see one big librarian stereotype. It's kind of scary. I look at them all and wonder if that is what I will look like in ten, fifteen years. How long does it take to move to the dark side? How long before I start carrying a Demco tote bag?
I just spent two days at the state library association conference. I have only been to one other one, but this one was a bit better. I knew more people, more people knew me, and alcohol was readily available.
Oh, and the chairs in the hotel lobby? When I sat all the way back in them my feet didn't touch the ground. They didn't just not touch the ground, they stuck straight out -- like a five-year old sitting on a sofa. I'm 36-years old! Being short can really suck sometimes.
2 comments:
Ha! I noticed your legs sticking straight out but wasn't going to say anything.
Oh! And the lady with the Halloween sweatshirt outdid herself; I saw her in another one Thursday night AND ANOTHER on Friday morning! Score!
And I sat there thinking, "Her feet touch the ground. I wonder what that's like?"
I wore my Halloween socks yesterday, but that's not the same.
Post a Comment