Sunday, October 1, 2006

Ladies Home Journal?

Did I ever mention I somehow ended up with a subscription to the Ladies Home Journal? The Ladies.Home.Journal. And my first name has been truncated -- only the first five or six letters are there. I have no lue how this happened since I don't have any subscriptions to any magazines, but this month I got a renewal notice. Renew? A magazine I didn't subscribe to?

Years ago I read the LHJ regularly. I didn't have a sub, but someone brought it into the breakroom where I worked and I would read it at lunch. The only column I ever read was "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" It is still the only column I read in the magazine. I mean, c'mon, Dr. Phil is one the cover of this issue. Dr. freakin' Phil, the man a friend of mine from Texas refers to as "that Cracker asshole." Anyway, I read "Can This Marriage be Saved" because just once, once!, I want the counselor to say, "Man, y'all are screwed, just give it up. No, this marriage can't be saved."

No comments: