Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Fog it is a Freezing

We've been having freezing fog. It is exactly as it sounds. It gets foggy and fog being water, it freezes. It's like a really heavy frost that mostly goes away in the sun but comes back when the sun goes down. And it's oddly patchy.

Take the walk home. Route A home is where the hill has spots of frosty crap on it. Route B is clear going down but solid frost when walking across. So, it's kind of a crap shoot.

Yesterday I took Route B to work and Route A home. It worked. So I did the same thing tonight. I have a feeling you may know where this is going...

I slipped. Not like a small slide or a little unevenness in my walk. No, we're talking an acrobatic, arms flailing, purse tossing fall on my ass.

Awesome.

I'd like to say I was smart enough not to put my hand out so I didn't break my hand or wrist, but no. I didn't break anything but it wasn't because I was smart, it was because it happened so fast I didn't have time to do anything buy fall on half of my ass.

I was also smart enough to do this the night before I am flying off to ALA where I will spend the next five days walking all over downtown Denver. And I can tell you right now I will be sore tomorrow because I am sore now (mildly stiff hands and wrists and a scrapped knee).

Super awesome.

No comments: