Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Morning Walk

There are lots of walking trails in this area. I've wandered on a couple of them, but I had yet to walk down the trail that is closest to where I live. One reason is because it runs along the bay that I can see from my front window. I always figured if I coudl stand inside and look at it, why would I need to look at it close up?

Well, I woke up this morning and knew I needed to get out and about. We had a dusting of snow on the ground, so I pulled on my boots and threw my YakTrax in my bag--just in case (I didn't need them).

It was a nice walk, but I kind of forgot how windy it can get close to the water. And how cold that can be. But it's a great trail. Some of it goes through trees, some through a park, and the last bit of it is a boardwalk that goes out over the water. And even though I can see the bay from my front window, it looks so much different close up.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fact that it's cold near the water means you're going to be *really* grateful for that trail in the summertime. I'm assuming your apartment doesn't have A/C, right? Since almost nowhere in the PacNW does?

Yankee Librarian said...

No a/c. That would've been nice last summer when it was upper-80s, living in a third-floor apartment with a window that faces directly into the afternoon sun.