So, anyone who knows me knows I love food. Love.it. When I travel one of my main goals is to get food I can't get at home. Of course, in some places I have lived, that meant pretty much any kind of food. So, when I go to Portland this weekend I am looking for vegan food. Most restaurants where I live are vegan friendly given how crunchy this town is, but still. Portland is the vegan capital of the world and the one thing I will be looking for will be vegan cupcakes. Mmmm.... cupcakes.
When I moved here I was told there were more Thai restaurants per capita than any other city in the US. I don't know if that is true or not, but it's a nice idea and one that makes me happy. However, I would like to expand that from more Thai restaurants to more Asian-inspired restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the US. And I am loving it.
I've found that my diet is slowly sifting to one that consists of veggies, tofu and rice. And you know what? A lot can be done with veggies, tofu, and rice. In the last week I have had tofu terriyaki (which I am completely in love with right now), Pad Woon Sen (yes, I know... that's noodles and not rice), veggie sushi, and a veggie/chard stirfry I made last night. And it seems like whenever I am out I spot yet another pho, terriyaki, or sushi place popping on up some corner--usually across from some drive-through coffee hut.
And you know what? So far I am not sick of it. I can't seem to get enough terriyaki and sushi. It's like an addiction. So much so that when I friend of mine posted a link where I could order this handy-dandy sushi maker I found myself getting so excited I could barely control myself.
I've never made sushi because it looked too difficult, but this Sushi Maki maker? Totally awesome.
2 comments:
Oooh, I want one too!
That does look pretty cool.
Post a Comment