I'm a Yankee. I'm a librarian. I left the Deep South for the Pacifical Northwest.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Novocaine
So, have you ever wondered what happens when the Novocaine begins to wear off three-quarters of the way through a crown? General crappiness, throbbing, and pain.
How do I know? Because it happened to me this afternoon.
I should've added that this was the second step of a crown: the temporary crown. The drilling was all done. They were getting the temporary crown ready when my tooth began to hurt. This wasn't a root-canaled tooth so the nerves were all still there. I wasn't happy. And then they gave me another shot. And all was better.
I must be tough to keep numb. Because I had a crown and filling done in January, and I needed another shot half way through that three hour ordeal. That, or I am used to dentists who give me so much Novocaine that I can't feel my face for hours.
2 comments:
Wha?!?! Sounds to me like a lawsuit!
I should've added that this was the second step of a crown: the temporary crown. The drilling was all done. They were getting the temporary crown ready when my tooth began to hurt. This wasn't a root-canaled tooth so the nerves were all still there. I wasn't happy. And then they gave me another shot. And all was better.
I must be tough to keep numb. Because I had a crown and filling done in January, and I needed another shot half way through that three hour ordeal. That, or I am used to dentists who give me so much Novocaine that I can't feel my face for hours.
Post a Comment