Why? Because ACRL was 90 miles away and I didn't go. I've never been and have wanted to go. I've been told it is a really good conference. It's miniscule compared to ALA. It's all academic. And I had many friends flying into the city--it would've been a chance to see people I haven't seen in five+ years. Why didn't I go? Because I had an appointment to get my hair cut and colored. Does that make me vain and shallow?
Or both?
But, see, this is why: I had an appointment for next weekend, and then I realized that was the weekend an old friend of mine was coming to visit. And then we decided to go back to our original plans and meet in Portland. And my hair stylist was going to be gone the weekend after that. So... add that all up: if I had gone to ACRL I would had to've waited three more weeks to get my hair done. Anyone on a hair color schedule (every seven weeks) can understand how important this is.
So, am I shallow and vain? Or do I have my priorities straight? I am going with priorities. Because that makes me feel better.
By the way, my hair looks great.
1 comment:
Feeling guilty vs. looking good = no contest. It's not how ya feel, it's how ya look ;)
Post a Comment