Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rod Stewart or Phil Collins?

So, this afternoon I was talking to a friend at work (LV). Okay, we were gossiping. Because that is what you do. So... We were laughing, talking about a hypothetical decision and how it was kind of a lose-lose situation. Except that wasn't how I actually described it.

When I mentioned this hypothetical lose-lose, LV said, "It's like trying to decide between Rod Stewart and Phil Collins."

My blank stare meant I needed an explanation. When she was younger and had a decision to make that was pretty much going to suck either way, her mom would describe it as being like having to choose between Rod Stewart or Phil Collins.

After she explained it I said, "Well, Rod Stewart. When he was younger he was all Maggie Mae and had more of a bad boy vibe. But Phil Collins was always Phil Collins. Sure, he had Genesis, but then he had Genesis."




By the way, So You Think You Can Dance Canada sucks. Maybe it's the hokie dancing. Maybe it's the fact that my untrained eye finds mistakes the dancers make yet the judges tell them how great they are. Maybe the Canadians are just nicer than the US judges. But whatever it is, based on the little bit I have seen, it sucks.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That's a very useful way of looking at things! Others that may work:
Quiet Riot or Twisted Sister?
Gonorhea or Chlamydia?
Newark or Detroit?

But, your friend may have hit on the glorious and likely banality of such a choice with RS or PC.