The article/post/paranoid ranting that was on Newsmax (and later pulled) has made it's way through the Twitterverse. I don't know what to think about this.
I know nothing about Newsmax--who they are, where their info comes from, etc. (Although a quick look at their website brought this to my attention. Gag.) I know even less about John L. Perry, the author of this bullshit. Some refer to him as a columnist, but I think that may be giving him too much credit.
I hesitate to even acknowledge this guy. Does linking to his rantings give him a level of legitimacy that he does not deserve? Part of my brain tells me that this guy is part of the lunatic fringe. But the other part remembers that Glenn Beck, the leader of the lunatic fringe, is more popular than ever.
Do we need to call out asshats like this to make people aware? Or is calling out the asshats making the whole thing worse? Honestly, I don't know.
Anyway, this guy is one of the stupid ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment