I've had this shitty cold for the last few days. I thought it was allergies at first--they've been worse this fall (so people tell me since I don't have much to compare this to). But by yesterday I realized the pressure in my head was an old fashioned cold and not allergies.
I stayed home today because everyone I work with is worried about the flu. Classes started yesterday and I fully expect the flu to run rampant through student body and faculty. We've all been given personal bottles of Purell, we've put bottles of it by all the computers, we always keep bottles of it at the reference desk. It may be overkill, but I figure it can't be bad to have hand sanitizer around a bunch of public computers.
So, when I started to get stuffed up and feeling crappy, people got nervous. I carried my little bottle of Purell in my pocket, was careful not to get too close, and eventually went home early. After a crappy night of sleep, I decided to stay home today. I slept in and then worked on some things I could do from home. I'm feeling much better, but I know having a sniffly, coughing, sneezing person in the library isn't the best thing this time of year.
I was at the reference desk yesterday shortly before I went home. One of our student workers asked me if I was suffering from allergies or a cold. A cold, I told her, and I felt like shit. "Well, you look good," she said.
Honestly, it made me feel a little better.
1 comment:
Man, I hate feeling like that. I hope you're completely over it soon.
Post a Comment