I live in a hippie town. I think I've mentioned that before. How hippie is it?
Well, I went to a local knit night tonight. It's a mix of people--old, young, middle aged. It's a good group and one I need to get to more often.
But, tonight, I sat next to a college-aged girl and guy. He was dreadlocked and getting a degree in mechanical engineering. And he knit. And he talked about how he spoke to his mom every day. So did the girl. They bonded over this.
That's not the reason this is a hippie town, though. They were talking about some party. "It's BYOB," he said. "BYOP?," she asked. "Well, that, too," he said.
What made me laugh was that they talked about BYOP as if it were nothing, knowing that no one in this hippie town was going to even blink an eye.
1 comment:
FYI, my birthday party will be BYOX.
Post a Comment