Saturday, October 24, 2009

Top Chef and Project Runway

Top Chef
I am enjoying this season more than I thought I would. Why? The Voltaggio Brothers. They're both pretty hot, and they're both kicking some ass. Thing is, I still can't tell them apart. When the season started I thought they were twins. They both have that clenched-jaw mumble. One of them swears a lot and the other one seems to be completely unflappable. This article at Salon.com helped me figure out which is which.

But one of the things I love about them is watching them act like siblings. Only siblings can say the things the Voltaggios say to each other without getting decked. Can I call my brother a dick or an ass? Yes. Can he and has he called me a bitch? Yes. We've called each other names in seriousness and in jest. Have I ever held it against him? Nope. He's my brother. So to watch the Voltaggios pick at each other like they do? I find it incredibly entertaining.

Who else do I like on Top Chef? Kevin. The pudgy guy with the beard from Atlanta. Who don't I like? Eli, the other pudgy guy from Atlanta.

Who do I really dislike? The other Michael. I hate him and his chauvinistic bullshit.

I like Jen, too. She's no-nonsense and takes little shit from anyone. Robin? Eh. Take her or leave her.

Final four? Jen, the Valtaggios, and Kevin.


Project Runway
You bore me. Again. Still.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

I haven't been watching Top Chef, but I agree with your assessment of Project Runway. I was happy to see this week's ouster, but they should have just booted both of them off as the runner up is next to go anyway. If that last prognostication is inaccurate, it will only confirm that the judging situation is all out of whack. My money is on an all-woman show at Bryant Park (not too much of a bet, considering there are only 2 men left). But I honestly don't care who among the remainders survives.

Oh, and have you noticed nearly all of the winning outfits are in gray-tones? And that Althea has done a variation on the pant-suit for nearly everyone of her designs? And that Giordana has hot legs?

Yankee Librarian said...

I haven't noticed any of those things, probably because I mentally check out half way through each episode.

Oh and Models of the Runway? Complete waste of time.

Mary said...

I agree on "Project Runway"--this season is one big yawn. The challenges have been really uninspired--I think some of the designers could be interesting, if the producers gave them something more interesting to work on.

And don't even get me started on Christopher. WTF is he still doing there?? For weeks he's put nothing but crap on the runway, and yet, he keeps dodging the bullet...something's fishy with all that.

And "Models of the Runway" = total waste of time.

Yankee Librarian said...

re: Christopher on PR. My theory is that the judges want to put someone in the top/final contestants who didn't go to design school That way they can say, "See, even the average Joe can succeed on Project Runway."