Saturday, April 3, 2010

Images From the Last Few Weeks

The Boys.


A rainbow. We were having the normal spring misty rain when I noticed it was cloudy on one side of the building and sunny on the other. I knew that meant there would be a rainbow. I took this with my iPhone so it doesn't capture the brightness of it.


Today was the opening day of the farmers market. What did I find? Vegan baked goods. I was going to eat this right then and there, but even with the help of a friend, I couldn't walk, drink my coffee, carry my vegetables, and eat this all at the same time. And at that moment, the coffee was more important. It got a little dinged up on the way home, but it was damn good.



The two pictures above show a storm moving across the bay. This is something I love to do--watch weather fronts move across the open water. We've been having some crazy weather the last few days. We've been getting wind and rain storms that are more normal for fall than spring. Yesterday we had fairly regular 40 mph winds with 60 mph gusts. The winds picks up like this when a big front moves through and it came through late last night with little fanfare. This morning another big storm moved through while I was at the market. The wind picked up and it felt like the temp dropped ten degrees in about 30 seconds. And then it rained. It didn't mist, it rained. And then the rain congealed, and then it hailed. The pictures above were taken after the hail.

No comments: