I had some chard I considered using, but I found some fresh collards at the market. So... After stuffing myself with Ethiopian food, running some errands, chatting with one of my favorite people, hitting the gym, and braving Trader Joe's the day before Easter, I decided to take these on.
They did take some time, and I made them in stages since I was doing laundry at the same time, but ohmygod, these were amazing. Spicy and tasty, the collards were not tough like you might think they'd be. The leaves I had were not that big, so I had some rice left over. I ate these with the leftover rice, some asparagus from Trader Joe's and some homemade whole wheat bread from the market.

*Fat Free Vegan is a vegan blogger in Jackson, MS. I've been reading her blog for some time but this is the first thing I've tried of hers. I will be trying more, for sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment