This morning I passed a student (female) wearing what looked like one of those jerseys with the 3/4-length sleeves that were a different color (blue) from the main part of the shirt (yellow), a skirt that looked like a ballet practice skirt (several layers of that gauzy material, about mid-thigh length) in a different shade of blue, and Birkenstocks. There is a chance she had dance practice or something later that day, but knowing how our students dress... I kind of doubt that.
While helping a student (a senior) do demographic research, we were talking about the age range and definitions of generations. Simply put, I told her, Millennials: Her. Gen X: Me. Boomers: Her parents, maybe. She said, "My mom is 45."
I responded with something like, "Oh my god I am so old!" Because, I told her, her mom is five years older than me and there is no way I am that old. It if just NOT possible.
Jeezus.
No comments:
Post a Comment