Wednesday, November 2, 2011

30 Days of Thanks: Day 1

Mary is copying this idea of 30 Days of Thanks from a friend of hers and I am copying it from her. I'm not promising that I will do all 30 days, but I will do some of them.

Today, I am thankful for autumn and the change of seasons.

Okay, so I am not willing to accept that it is November, because holy shit how did it get to be November? And all the crap I have to have done by December just become a little more overbearing. But I am still thankful for autumn.

I love autumn. The change of colors. The smell of wood burning stoves. Love it. When I lived in the south I would get really homesick this time of year. Everything went from green to brown with little color change. The smell wasn't the same. And you never got that crispness in the air that you get in the midwest. Plus, it could easily still be 90 at the end of October.

But in the pacifical northwest, we get uber autumn. It's crisp. There are wood burning stoves. There is a lot of color. And there's also a lot of fog. Lots and lots of fog.

But how else do I know it's autumn? I get out the fleecy blanket for my bed. Who else loves the fleecy blanket? The cats, especially Alexsi.

Alexsi and the fleece blanket
Since I got out the fleece blanket Alexsi has only moved to eat and poop (and stuff). The most I saw him do today was stand up, turn around, and lie down somewhere else. Right now he is in this very same position on the kitchen floor, waiting to be fed.


No comments: