Friday, November 11, 2011

Being Elmo

I saw this tonight. It was awesome. I had heard about Being Elmo on the Pop Culture Happy Hour  podcast (again, people, if you are still not listening to this podcast every week, shame on you) a while ago. Co-host Linda Holmes said to not let the title scare you away, that it was an amazing documentary. And it is. It will make you happy. It will make you nostalgic. It will make you weepy. It is just so very good.



It's about how Kevin Clash became a puppeteer. It's about following your dream. It's about Sesame Street. It's about The Muppets. I giggled. I laughed. I cried. Yes, I cried.

I got teary-eyed several times, but then they showed a clip from Jim Henson's memorial, and I said, "Oh, no. I can't see this without crying." And I did. I dare you to watch this without crying.



Being Elmo. Go see it.

No comments: