I had to work late last night. Yes, on Halloween. I trade-off Monday night desk duty with a colleague, and since he has little kids, I knew he'd want to take them trick-or-treating. And me? I didn't really care.
I've been feeling crappy lately. Sore. Tired. You know the drill. But I have recently increased my workout at the gym, and I'm usually tired. But over the weekend I was in bed by 10pm each night because I just could not stay awake. 1) That's not normal for me, a natural night person. 2) I live the high life.
I left work last night and ohmygod it felt like the coldest weather I'd ever felt in my life. I have no clue what the temp was, probably in the 30s. For a native upper-midwesterner, 30s in October should be a cake walk. But it felt so cold it hurt.
An hour later I was lying in bed, shivering violently. I stumbled out of bed and found my Kroger thermometer. I had a fever of 100.
It's nothing major, 100 degrees is pretty low-grade, but it was high for me since my body temp is usually 97-point-something. So I reached in my medicine cabinet for my trusty store-brand nyquil. Empty. Normally, I'd be all, "Noooooo!!!!!," but my throat hurt and I didn't have much of a voice left. Ugh.
What the fuck? Who runs out of store-brand nyquil? This person. Y'all, it was like my own personal hell.
What did I do? Load up on ibuprofin (fever and pain reducing) and then grab some melatonin to sleep. It kind of worked but not nearly as well as faux-nyquil would've.
My temp is down but still a little high. For now, I'm rocking an ibuprofin and faux-sudafed combo, hanging out on the sofa hoping the pounding in my head will stop so I can go back to sleep.
*edit* I stayed home again today because my throat hurt even more and the pounding in my head was unbearable. But, unfortunately, I realized I had to run up to work to get something. What was supposed to be a quick run up to campus (where I kept telling people, "I'm not here; you didn't see me") turned into an hour and a half that included a quick meeting and some gossiping. I was telling some friends about running out of nyquil and one of them gasped and asked, "Why were you at the night club?" Followed by, "Why didn't you ask me to come along?" It was a conversation so entertaining it made my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment