Sunday, December 30, 2007

Work Stuff

I've been struggling with a career decision. I have a job offer on the table, and I have been trying to sort it out over break. Unfortunately, I made myself crazy in the process. I'm still thinking it over, but I am pretty sure I have made my decision--and it is a decision that in some ways surprises me. I have the chance to go back up north, something I thought I wanted, but I believe I will be staying where I am--for now. I feel pretty "eh" about the job. I don't see the point in moving thousands of miles for a job and location I am not enthusiastic about.

I've had my issues with where I am, but when I interviewed, at one point I remember thinking, "I can see myself working here." I didn't feel that when I interviewed at the other place. It seemed pretty depressing, honestly.

So, all my complaining about where I am, about this town, about my lack of choices, I'm choosing it over a city that I am sure would be nice but didn't really jump out at me, and a job that seems like it would be more hassle than anything else.

*Update* I gave them the official "no" yesterday. And the stomach ache I've had for two weeks? Gone.

No comments: