At first, I typed "Band Aid 15 year later." Then I realized it had been 25 years. And I felt very old.
Anyway...
I was 14 when "Do They Know It's Christmas Time" was released and in the peak of my Duran Duran obsession. I loved this song, and it was and always will be better than "We Are the World."
Some things I noticed watching this now:
- George Michael was kind of pudgy (or at least a pudgy face).
- Sting looks bored and annoyed.
- I don't remember Simon LeBon having longish '80s hair.
- What the hell is Simon LeBon wearing?
- Bono looks normal--if you ignore the hat and jacket from the group shots.
- I think this was Boy George's best look.
- Phil Collin looks like your nerdy uncle.
- Who was smoking?
- Whatever happened to Paul Young?
- John Taylor was (and still is) incredibly hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment