While waiting for Shonen Knife to start last week, I met the former student of a friend/colleague. We were all talking music when the student asked, "So, are you familiar with The Replacements?"
*sigh*
Anyway, he is in a band and was talking about how much his band has been influenced by The 'Mats. I told him I was from the midwest and he said, "Man, I have to go there." Really?
But the thing I really wanted to post about? He stopped by my office today to give me a copy of his bands' first recording. On cassette. When I asked him why, "Well, we wanted to do something kind of retro."
A cassette. Retro. It's available as a digital download, too. But... a cassette.
Double *sigh*
PS: I listened to the first song and he wasn't kidding that they were influenced by The 'Mats.
No comments:
Post a Comment