I've acquired several vegan and vegetarian cookbooks lately. It's easy to get into a food rut and I have been wanting to broaden my food horizon. I don't use them as much as I should, but I am trying to turn to them more often when trying to figure out what to do with my bi-weekly veggie delivery.
Some of my recent purchases and favorites:
Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson. The title doesn't say vegan, but it is. I'm a midwesterner with an unnatural attachment to my slow cooker. So much so I am thinking about buying a bigger one. I use this cookbook once a week. It is dog-eared and well loved.
1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson. I haven't used this one as much, but it has been good when trying to figure out to do with my bi-weekly veggie delivery.
Quick-Fix Vegetarian by Robin Robertson. I thought I would use this more than I have, but I haven't. That doesn't mean I don't like it, but I tend to forget it is there.
La Dolce Vegan!: Vegan Livin' Made Easy by Sarah Kramer. Everything I have made out of this has been great. Some favorites: the french toast and Aloo Gobi. There is a curry recipe I use a lot when I have a bunch of veggies I don't know what else to do with. She also has a recipe for a healthier version of fried pickles, and I love me some fried pickles.
Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I bought this on Friday and have already used it twice. I made a sweet potato and kale tofu scramble (this is the recipe that sold the book) and the pancakes. Both very good.
The Ones I want:
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romano. I look at this book every time I go to the bookstore. I don't know why I keep holding off on buying it, but I do.
Vegan Soul Kitchen: Fresh, Healthy, and Creative African-American Cuisine by Bryant Terry. I've never seen this book in a bookstore, but I have run across it on Amazon. Each time I think, "I need to buy that." Yet I never do.
No comments:
Post a Comment