Today was the first day of classes, and I am already exhausted. We got a new database today and I created my first video tutorial using Jing. I've been playing with the idea for a long time. Little did I know it would take me all afternoon to create a four-minute clip. I kept screwing up. Then someone called while I was recording. And then I kept hitting cancel instead of stop.
I've been craving pancakes since yesterday. I had planned stir-frying some veggie with kale and tofu, but I knew if I didn't have pancakes I would keep thinking about them. So I whipped up a batch of vegan apple pancakes. And then proceeded to stuff myself. And now I feel like I just ate an entire loaf of bread. Because I kind of did.
On a completely unrelated note.... I'm watching the Orange Bowl (Go Hawkeyes!) and Kool & the Gang are performing during halftime. Um... Okay, I like Kool & the Gang and all, but during all the other bowl games the marching bands performed. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I really wanted to see the Hawkeye Marching Band. When I was a kid living in the Iowa City area, my mom took me to the annual Hawkeye Marching Band performance at Hancher Auditorium, and it blew my mind. It was crazy, loud, band members were wandering the audience..... In my eight or nine years on this earth, I had never seen anything like it. So, yeah, I like watching the Hawkeye Marching Band. Instead I got a Kool & the Gang medley.
4 comments:
If it makes you feel any better, if you watched closely, you could see 4 white women, an old white guy, and a kid somehow wandered onstage (probably drunk and high) and danced with Kool and the gang for about 2 minutes, then stumbled off.
I had to rewind it and watch it again, it was pretty funny.
Okay.... I rewound it. And that was just weird.
WOO HOO... I heart Kool & the Gang! When did Iowa get so cool??
Hello from Iowa City and from an employee of Hancher. I was directed to your blog via a Hancher news Google alert. Good to read you enjoyed Band Extravaganza at Hancher. Let's hope we get to present this annual performance again when a new Hancher is built (the old Hancher/music building was damaged by flood water in 2008). Peace out, from Iowa City.
Post a Comment