Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kathy Griffin

Kathy Griffin: Sold out, motherfuckers


I saw Kathy Griffin in Seattle last night. How was it? Awesome.

I had written a long post about the day and the crowd (the gayest I have seen in a very long time). About how much I respect her (I do). How hard it was to watch the third season of My Life on the D List because it aired the year after my dad died and I really empathized with her. How much I loved her book and appreciate her honesty (her honesty towards everything: her family, women in Hollywood, politics, celebrity). I should also say I was surprised by my reaction to her when she walked out on stage: I threw my arms up and screamed. Like a schoolgirl.

I had this all typed up and then Firefox froze up. So, instead, here are a couple of pictures.

Waiting for Kathy. The Paramount was a gorgeous theatre. But like the drink I had before I got to the theatre, the Paramount bartender forgot to put alcohol in my fancy red drink.


Blurry image of Kathy


Another blurry picture of Kathy. We were in the second mezzanine... so, yeah.

Oh, and afterwards, we swung by a Starbucks to get coffee so the person driving could get some caffeine for the drive home. We saw these girls dressed in Little Bo Peep dresses. I found out later (after posting the pic to Facebook) that they were dressed in the Japanese Lolita style. I couldn't stop staring at them. I understand subculture and all, but these girls didn't have on the funky makeup often associated with some Japanese fashion. Without that makeup, these girls just looked like a pedophile's fantasy.

2 comments:

cindy w said...

Oooh, I am jealous. Would LOVE to see Kathy Griffin. And I miss the Paramount. And its sister theatre, the Moore. Sigh. Ah, Seattle...

Oh and, uh, "Lolita fashion"? REALLY??? I am totally squicked out by that image.

Mary said...

I had to go find the picture of the Bo Peeps on Facebook--oh my god, hilarious/creepy as hell. What a perfectly bizarre nightcap for the Kathy Griffin show! haha