My mom has been on my mind lately. I love my mom. I'd love my mom even if she weren't my mom. She's loving, caring, outspoken, a little bit tough, and just plain cool. She'll always tell you what she feels, even if you don't want to hear it.
Mom had surgery today. It was major surgery, but it wasn't like a open-heart surgery or anything like that. But it was still surgery. I know she was worried, because at the age of 66, she'd never had major surgery before. My brother kept in touch with me via text and phone all afternoon to let me know how she was (when she went in for surgery, when she was out, and when she woke up.) And she's fine.
But.... it was surgery and there is always a risk when going under anesthesia. I knew the chances of anything going wrong were low, but in the back of my mind there was still a "what if" feeling. My mom is one of my best friends. Not having her around is something I don't like to think about, and surgery is one of those things that makes a person think about things like this.
So, out in the big wide-open of the Interwebs, I want to tell Mom that I love and respect her, and that I know how damn lucky I am to have her as my mom.
Get well, soon.
2 comments:
I know that feeling when a parent undergoes surgery, and I don't like it either. Glad to hear all is well.
This sort of love has strong therapeutic powers. I'm sure she healing faster because of it.
Post a Comment