And history repeats itself. (This will only appeal to those who care about football.)
Part of me feels bad for Brett Favre. Really. In the same way you feel bad for an ex when something bad happens to him. He once meant a lot to you and during that time you would've been crushed watching him go through this pain. But now, you feel bad for him but you know it isn't your problem anymore.
I will admit that I gasped when Favre threw that interception. And then I laughed in an evil kind of way followed by a cheer. Because at that moment, I knew that all was right in the world (because the Vikings will always fuck it up in the end).
Tractor Watch is the Vikings' problem this year.
2 comments:
My dad was watching the game until it hit overtime...then he suddenly got up & went outside to shovel snow. "I can't bear to watch," he said. By the time he came back inside, it was all over. "Good thing I quit watching, or I would've jinxed it."
And equally as sudden, the Favre lovefest on the local news (out of Duluth) went quiet. Thank god, because I can't imagine how insufferable it would've been if they'd made it to the Superbowl!
The end of the Minnesota Love Fest made me think of something....
When Favre threw interceptions and fucked up with the Packers, we forgave him (sometimes), because he was ours. He would come back the next year (except that one year) and start over again. He helped build the team and expand on the tradition. We forgave him because he was part of the Packer Organization.
I don't think anyone in Minnesota believes Favre is coming back next year. I have my doubts, but we'll have to wait and see. This is when the Vikings realize that Favre was never really theirs. He was using them just as much as they were using him. He wanted one more shot at the Super Bowl to make up for the interception he threw in the Championship game between the Giants and Packers (and to stick it to the Packers). And the Vikings wanted to finally win a Super Bowl (since they have been there four times and have never been able to pull it together).
So, yeah.... the way I see it: They both got what they deserved.
Post a Comment