- Due to road construction outside my office, I had to listen to the person holding the stop/slow sign talk on her stupid bluetooth ear piece all day. She yelled at someone for not stopping at her sign (I did appreciate that). She bitched about some sort of yardwork not done at her home. Somehow it not getting done was due to every minority that ever existed (expressed in every racial epithet possible).
- Decided that They Might Be Giant's album Flood is the best album ever for the gym.
- Declared that I would be happy to dress like I did in the 80s for Halloween in the Library next year, but that I draw the line at shaving my head. Again.
- Scoured my closet for something fancy/formal for a charity auction I have to go to tomorrow night, and then realize that I live in the Pacific Northwest where formal means not wearing hemp, tie-dye, and flip-flops.
- Saw a group of guys snowboarding in the park between campus and my place. They did it last year, too. They fill the back of a truck with snow from the mountains and build a makeshift ramp on a small hill. The ski/snowboard area isn't quite open yet....
- I am ashamed to admit I bought Christmas lights yesterday.
- Attempted to change the lightbulbs in my kitchen and failed. I got the bulb out but I can't figure out how to take the shade off so I can't see the sockets.
- Watched Meatballs during my day off. I saw it at the drive-in when I was nine years old (it was a double feature with Foul Play). I have seen parts of it since then, but never the whole thing. Enjoy it much more now than I did when I was nine. Remind myself that is just doesn't matter.
Friday, November 5, 2010
It Just Doesn't Matter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love "Meatballs".
Post a Comment