- Took my car in to the shop to have the taillight bulb replaced and to have the annoying squeal checked out--again. They called me to tell me they couldn't hear the squeal but they would keep it the rest of the and tinker with it. When I go pick it up they tell me two things: I need new tires and the noise? An oil leak in the AC compressor. The oil is leaking onto the belt and the belt is squealing. The leak can only be fixed by replacing the compressor. But the leak probably means the compressor is on its way out. Not having car AC in these parts is not a big deal. Not having a functioning defrost, however, is a big deal. It is functioning, but at some point, it won't be. This noise started just as my warranty ran out--of course. Now it is far too late. The guy in service is going to see if there is anything else they can do to come up with a cheaper fix. Granted, my car will still run with a busted compressor, but I won't be able to see through the fogged up windows.
- Witnessed the unbelievable defeat of the one man in politics with any integrity. Witnessed the people of the state that always felt more like home than any other place I have ever lived vote out a man who has never, ever, ever bowed to outside pressure. Watched the state that I was so proud of because of its deep progressive roots vote out Russ Feingold for a man who had never been to DC until he decided to run for office. They voted for a man who tells his employees to sign up for state-funded BadgerCare while he rode the anti-big-government wave (Thanks for that tidbit, Mary). Yes, Feingold lost. Feingold fucking lost. How did I react? I cried. Hey, Wisconsin: What the FUCK were you thinking? Feingold's loss is a blow to the entire country. In 2006, when asked who my ideal presidential ticket was I said, "Feingold/Obama." I love Russ Feingold with every fiber of my being. So, listen to me Ron Johnson: Go fuck yourself. I wish this piece from The Onion weren't so true..... but it is.
- Decided I am going to spend the next two years drunk.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
What I Did Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment