Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Coming to terms

The weirdest things about losing my dad? Coming to terms with the fact that I will never hear his voice again, that I will never hear "Hello, this is your dad" when he'd call me. That I will never get a phone call from him at 11:30 pm because he can't figure out how to work his cell phone. That I will never hear that long sigh after I say, "I have a car question." Or that he will never say, "Ya done good" to me ever again.

And coming to terms with the fact that he is really gone. That he really isn't here. It just isn't right.

2 comments:

Yankee Librarian said...

It is good to know that how I am feeling is normal...

Steve said...

I know where you are coming from. I am constantly thinking Mom would get a kick out of hearing about that or she would appreciate this. That's the toughest part, not having them there to share in your life.