One more trip. Hopefully, this one will be the last one for a while. This time I am off to Michigan.
Life is beginning to get back to normal. Normalcy is kind of nice. Moments still come and go, but I know things will be kind of strange for a while. Hearing about people dying upsets me. Hearing about other people being upset about someone dying is upsetting. And it seems like a lot of people have been dying lately. Not a real uplifting topic, of course, but it just seems that way.
But you know what's weird? The video montage in my head. I have all these random memories from my childhood running in my head -- some of them are things I haven't thought about in years. The most recent one was from when I was probably about four years old. We were living in the old green house and my dad was making popcorn with one of those stove-top popcorn poppers with the stirrer thing on top (the thing you turned so the popcorn wouldn't burn). I remember dad using too much popcorn and it overflowed all over the place--stove, floor, etc. I thought it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. The dog loved it, too--he was going crazy eating popcorn off the kitchen floor.
Or in the same house, same kitchen, I was probably the same age... I was sitting on the kitchen counter while Dad was cooking something that involved a lot of pepper (Dad looooved pepper). I remember him shaking pepper into something and then I sneezed. And then he sneezed. And then I sneezed... you get the picture.
These things have no context, just random memories that pop into my head without warning.
No comments:
Post a Comment