Wednesday, August 9, 2006

You can take the girl out of Wisconsin...

But I'll be damned if you can take the Wisconsin out of the girl.

Yes, the accent has returned. A week and a half up north and ta-da, there it is. I kind of missed it.

A colleague is leaving for Mossinee, Wisconsin next week. She has promised to pick up some Spotted Cow Ale and cheese curds. Since I didn't get back to Wisconsin last week, I didn't get my cheese curds and Spotted Cow. She offered to bring me Point Beer, but that stuff is just skunky.

Spotted Cow is a lighter beer and lately I have been getting into darker beers. Not darker like Guinness darker, just a little, I don't know, heartier. But, still, nothing beats a Spotted Cow Ale on a hot summer day. She asked me how many cases I wanted. I told her one six pack would do. But now I am thinking I should've requested a case. Damn.

And cheese curds... People outside of Wisconsin just don't understand what a wonderful thing they are. My colleague said she figured she'll have to bring back close to five pounds of cheese curds. That's alotta curd. It won't be squeaky fresh by the time it gets here, but it shouldn't be rubbery yet.

Mmmm.... Cheese curds.

No comments: